My Life has Multiplied

Well ... looks like I'm back to blogging!  First a little introduction:  My name is Katy and I am a mom to 5, count 'em 5, beautiful kids.  My oldest sweetie pie is 5 years old, then my rambunctious 3 year old and completing the family are my 8 month old triplets!  Identical girls and a boy.  I live in New England in a small home (about 1400 sq. ft.) with my husband and our kids ... it's a busy house to say the least.


My first blog was about 7 years ago, after my husband and I had bought our first home.  It was called The Green Door and I had a lot of fun writing it and documenting our life as we updated our 1950's cape cod style home.  My bathroom makeover was even featured on Apartment Therapy and Design Sponge!


Then my first child was a born, a girl. It was a hard pregnancy.  I went into labor at 26 weeks pregnant and spent 6 weeks on home bed-rest.  My water broke and she arrived right at 37 weeks pregnant.  My blog slowly took a back seat to the rest of my life and by the time our second daughter was born 22 months later my blog was basically non-existent.  I had been working full time in Boston and when I was home I dedicated my time to my kids, my husband and our home.  We had always wanted 4 children ... then we had children and decided, well maybe 3 would be a good number.  If we wanted a 4th child we'd cross that bridge when the time came.  I became pregnant and got the surprise of a lifetime when, at our first ultrasound at 8 weeks, we found out that I was pregnant with triplets!  Identical girls and a boy (as we found out around 18 weeks).  I like to joke that we didn't cross that bridge ... we lit fire to it!  It was a very difficult pregnancy but I gave birth to three healthy (though premature) babies at 34 weeks and 4 days.  They spent 17 days in the hospital as feeders and growers.

(Photo credit: Jessie Clicks Photography)

So here I am now ... mother to 4 girls and 1 boy.  I'm a stay-at-home mom looking for a creative outlet.  Someplace where I can explore all the things I enjoy: interior design, home improvements, organization, art, jewelry, fashion, faith and, of course, my kids and all the beautiful chaos they bring to my life.  Never in a million years did I think I'd be a mother to five children and especially never a mother to multiples!  I try and take life one day at a time, keep my faith in God, and give love to my family as much as possible (do kids know how to test our patience, or what?!)  Life isn't always easy, but my life has multiplied in unimaginable ways and I'd say that's a good thing.

No comments